Explore Calabria Ltd understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. By using our website or any of our services, or providing us with any personal data, you agree to your personal data being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this policy. We will not misuse or trade your data with any third party unless we have your specific consent to do so, or we are required to do so by law.
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:-
- When you make a booking with us, over the telephone or via our internet booking facilities.
- When you register with us for newsletters, email updates, enter competitions or take part in surveys and customer feedback.
- When you write, telephone, email or complete any of our online contact forms to make an enquiry or ask for advice.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your holiday party:-
- Names, address and contact details including phone and email
- Information that you have provided with us in order to quote or book holidays or travel services on your behalf. This may include passport and nationality information, and birth dates
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements
- Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs)
- Travel preferences and other information that you provide voluntarily when you communicate with us
- We do not keep on file financial information such as full credit card numbers and bank details
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) will only be collected on the condition that we have your positive consent to its use. We will seek this consent when necessary.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose the information to the providers of the services making up your holiday arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). These suppliers (including transport companies and hotels) may be required to collect personal data, and we may pass on information in order to make arrangements run more smoothly (for example check-ins). We cannot be held responsible for any security failures or breaches by third parties.
(2) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. [You will be given the opportunity on every communication we send you to indicate that you do not wish to receive our promotional material.]
(3) We may use your contact information to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
We may have to disclose your data for the reasons set out above, as well as in the following situations:
(4) Accounting for auditing and tax purposes.
(5) Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Clicking on links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications contained within this website, or enabling those connections, may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
WHAT CAN I DO?
You have the right to:
- Request what personal data we hold about you;
- Request any corrections to the personal data that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party; or
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, or would like to request information on the personal data that we hold, you should inform us as soon as possible via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:-
Explore Calabria Ltd, 12 Abbey Mill Gardens, Knaresborough, HG5 8ER, United Kingdom
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If your request is particularly complex, or you have made a number of requests, it may take us slightly longer (up to an additional two months).
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re-read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.